Meloxicam solution for injection
Inflacam® injection is an anti-inflammatory containing 20mg/ml meloxicam, for use in cattle, horses and pigs.
In cattle, use of meloxicam in conjunction with antibiotics to treat mastitis has been shown to1,2 improve bacteriological cure rate and fertility and to decrease the chance of a cow being culled from the herd.
In horses, Inflacam injection is licensed for the treatment of acute and chronic musculo-skeletal disorders and for the relief of pain associated with equine colic.
In pigs, Inflacam injection is licensed for use in non-infectious locomotor disorders to reduce the symptoms of lameness and inflammation and for adjunctive therapy in the treatment of puerperal septicaemia and toxaemia (mastitis-metritisagalactia syndrome) with appropriate antibiotic therapy.
Product Features & Benefits:
• 4 year shelf life from manufacture
• Wide range of indications in cattle, pigs and horses
• Ideal for use in calves: Licensed for use in calves from one week of age. Indications include both reduction of clinical signs of diarrhoea and post-operative pain relief following dehorning in calves.
1. McDougall, S. et al. (2016) Addition of meloxicam to the treatment of clinical mastitis improves subsequent reproductive performance. J. Dairy Sci. 99:3 2026-2042.
2. McDougall, S. et al. (2009) Effect of treatment with the non-steroidal anti-inflammatory meloxicam on milk production, somatic cell count, probability of re-treatment, and culling of dairy cows with mild clinical mastitis. J. Dairy Sci. 92:9 4421-4431.